Prev: RE: [SG] FAQ request? Next: [FT] Sa'vasku

RE: RE: FMA Battalion

From: "Chris Downes-Ward" <cdownes-ward@9...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:10:03 +0100
Subject: RE: RE: FMA Battalion

Depends on the time period - I'd say that today the main difference
between
a Regiment (US/Russian) usage and a Brigade is that
a Regiment is a permanent formation and a Brigade can (theoretically)
change
in composition and both have about 4 - 5 battalion
equivalents.

Of course just to confuse things you have people like the British and
the
French who have "Battalion" sized units called Regiments.
E.g. British armoured or recon units such as the 17th/21st Lancers.