Prev: Re: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons Next: Re: FMA Battalion

Re: Cross cultural war games Was: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 11:42:36 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: Cross cultural war games Was: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, K.H.Ranitzsch wrote:

> Most of the Europeans I know tend to game in their own language, but
use
> English gaming materials. That is, discussions, explanations and
gaming
> banter are in their native language, but the rules are imported from
> England/America. Also true for board wargames. Makes for some funny
language
> when people start mixing vocabularies.

I was just going to post something to that effect. There was even
pressure
to publish some of our club rules sets in english, rather than dutch,
'since people were used to that'.

Cheers,

  Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE60YQTJXH58oo6ncURAqneAKCDppP42hD1ZCWDO2qscuVJAtamMQCdE+rz
KrnvlgkQBuaLdt67eBr+yAY=
=zOA+

Prev: Re: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons Next: Re: FMA Battalion