Prev: Re: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons Next: Re: FMA Battalion

FMA Battalion

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 22:35:27 -0400
Subject: FMA Battalion

I'm thinking of a semi-FMA system for battalion / regimental combat.
Given that it just took me four tries to type "regiment" correctly I
won't go into great detail here but this is the general outline.

Scale is 1 unit = 1 company, 1 turn = 1 hour, 1 mu = (very
tentatively) 5 km
Terrain is Open, Rough, Impassable, Water, plus Roads.	Terrain
modifies movement and combat.  Infantry can still go into Impassable.
Each unit has five characteristics: quality, anti-armor,
anti-infantry, anti-air, movement.
Movement ranges from 1 (dismounted infantry) to 7 (fast GEV /
grav) --ie 1/2 DS2 base move.
The three firepower ratings are determined by examining the DS2
weapons, firecontrols, etc, and deciding whether that rates a d4, d6,
d8, d10, d12.
Roll the appropriate attack die + quality vs defender's attack +
quality.  Whoever has a lower total loses 1 quality die type (maybe an
additional 1 die type per each 3 points difference, something like
that).	Units can recover dice types to some extent by regrouping (no
movement, no combat) but if it drops below d4, destroyed.

In my copious free time (ha!) , I'm thinking to make this a block game
(see www.columbiagames.com ) as far as "fog of war" but use the FMA
opposed dice.

Comment?

Prev: Re: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons Next: Re: FMA Battalion