Prev: Re: [OT] Maps Next: Re: [FT] WotW #7 Holofields

FT-Weapons help

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 08:41:36 +0100
Subject: FT-Weapons help

A quick question to people out there, do you consider the following
weapons
balanced or not?

Weapon	   Arcs      Mass     Cost
Pulser (c)	 1	     2		  x5
    "	    "	     2		 3	      x5
Light  "  "	   1	       1	    x3?
    "	  "  "	      2 	  2	      x3?
    "	  "  "	      6 	  3	      x3?

The light pulser is a weapon with the same range as a normal pulser (in
this
case, 12 mu), but only half the dammage (3D6 beam die). Cost is a lot
cheaper, but still rolls PDS same as a pulser. the 2 arcs above can be
taken
as 3 arcs, I just used 2 arcs due to the notes being from trying to
design a
HH style ship with broadsides. In the same vein, what does anybody think
about these MT missile launchers (internal launchers with ammo, a la
SML`s)?

								  Per
missile
Size	   Arcs       Mass	Cost	  Dammage   Ammo mass
 Lt	       1	    1	    x3 or x4?	  2D6		    1
  "		2	     2		 "		   "
"
Mdm	   1		1	    x4		  3D6		    2
  "		2	     2		  "		   "
"
Hvy	     1		  2	       "	      4D6
3
  "		2	     3		  "		   "
"

I was thinking of allowing the Hvy MT missiles a -1 Vs PDS (intercepts
on a
roll of 5 or 6) to make up for the heavier launchers and ammo
requirements.
The reason there is light, medium and heavy missiles and launchers is
that
to fit a decent ammo into light ships (DD`s & CL`s) is more difficult
than a
SD, and the missiles in HH were different sizes for the different
classes of
ships. I kmow this may be off topic, but I was after peoples opinion if
these weapons were too unbalanced Vs normal FT weapons, especially as
the MT
missiles and launchers were developed from the launcher given in the
WDA.

Awating any comments/feedback (please).

BIF
 "yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
 strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: Re: [OT] Maps Next: Re: [FT] WotW #7 Holofields