Prev: Re: [OT] Maps Next: Re: [OT] Maps

Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 21:48:33 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

Glenn M Wilson wrote:

> I don't understand this exactly.  While I am Cherokee, Hispanic and
> "Anglo" and I find a completely blindered view of  "...the REAL
warriors
> of the world are restricted to (fill in the blank) culture.." a sad
form
> of cultural blindness; there are some really cool European
> cultures/warriors.  I guess I am supposed to assume the emphasis is on
> the "...for everything..." rather then the "...eurocentric model..."
but
> it could be taken either way.  Also, if this is a knee jerk total
> rejection of war gaming, say the SYW (I don't have any armies for this
> but it's a good example,) just because it is euro-centric then it's as
> bad as only seeing history/war games thru European Eyes.

I think you take this wrong. I was just trying to bring up that quite a
few of the things put down around that say "something or other didn't
happen during this or so time or was never common.. yadda yadda yadda.."
aren't quite true if you take a global view on it. :) I just brought up
the chinese take on these weapons of this time because the time and
place is a current study of mine, although I haven't hit the deep
weapons research. I'd say the same contrary things for people who bring
up pure "whatever"centric view. Mostly I see a eurocentric view on
things since it's most of what we learn about and what most people are
interested in.

> Yes, just as some European (and to bring this back On-Topic  <grin>)
do