Prev: Re: Grendels was: FT-Fighters and SG-aliens Next: Tonk Weapons

Re: Ship Stats Question

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 18:51:26 +0200
Subject: Re: Ship Stats Question

From: "Bob Makowsky" <rmako@coqui.net>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
> I just returned from a short paid vacation aboard a Coast Guard 210ft
> Cutter.  While aboard bored (we are the aviation support and spend our
time
> sleeping, eating and flying in that order) I was wondering about the
mission
> and roles of such a vessel and how they would work in the GZG verse.
>
> Cutter is 210 ft long
> Compliment 9-12 officers 60-70 enlisted
> Armament 1 25mm cannon 2 .50 HMG
> 1 HH-65 Dolphin SSR Helicopter
> 1 RHI w 5 crew and GPMG
>
> Our main threat is lightly armed fast smugglers and slow moving
fishing
> trawlers (they tend to think more of thier livelyhood than of the
future
and
> so have some tendency to ignore spawning aviodance, size rules).
>
> I think of this as some sort of Customs type setup in GZG parleance.
>
> Any ideas?

I have the 'Rio Grande' class Coast Guard 'Corvette' in my Latin
American
Fleet:
http://home.t-online.de/home/kh.ranitzsch/lira/lirashipdb_ct.html#ct_rio
_gra
nde

Mainly armed with needle beams as the primary purpose is to catch rather
than kill ships.

Greetings

Prev: Re: Grendels was: FT-Fighters and SG-aliens Next: Tonk Weapons