Prev: Re: OT:Digital cameras Next: RE: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons

Ship Stats Question

From: "Bob Makowsky" <rmako@c...>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 07:52:13 -0300
Subject: Ship Stats Question

All,

I just returned from a short paid vacation aboard a Coast Guard 210ft
Cutter.  While aboard bored (we are the aviation support and spend our
time
sleeping, eating and flying in that order) I was wondering about the
mission
and roles of such a vessel and how they would work in the GZG verse.

Cutter is 210 ft long
Compliment 9-12 officers 60-70 enlisted
Armament 1 25mm cannon 2 .50 HMG
1 HH-65 Dolphin SSR Helicopter
1 RHI w 5 crew and GPMG

Our main threat is lightly armed fast smugglers and slow moving fishing
trawlers (they tend to think more of thier livelyhood than of the future
and
so have some tendency to ignore spawning aviodance, size rules).

I think of this as some sort of Customs type setup in GZG parleance.

Any ideas?

Bob Makowsky

HMG=Heavy Machine Gun
SSR=Short Range Search and Rescue (Don't ask me I just fly it, I don't
write
the acronyms for it <G>)
GPMG=Pintle mounted General purpose machine gun  M60

Prev: Re: OT:Digital cameras Next: RE: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons