Prev: GZG Power Armour pictures Next: Re: OT:Digital cameras

RE: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams

From: "Chris Downes-Ward" <cdownes-ward@9...>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 10:48:08 +0100
Subject: RE: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams

> > How realistic is the idea of a small team (say 3 troopers)
> > humping around a 20mm Auto cannon and enough ammo to make it
> > worthwhile?
>
> How about making them a light infantry / anti-tank gun on a wheeled
> carriage - akin to the 37mm AT gun / 75mm infantry gun units attached
> German infantry battalions in WWII ? These could easily be manhandled
> short distances by their crew. The difficulty would be carrying enough
> ammunition when away from the towing vehicle.
>
> Tony
>
> -----------------------------
> Tony Francis
> Senior Software Engineer
> Kuju Entertainment

I was originally "inspired" by a picture I saw in (IIRC) Jane's Defence
Review
annual for 1989 of a Swedish soldier using a ground mount auto cannon of
some
sort. When I get home this evening I'll see if I can find the exact
reference
but don't expect a quick response as it's my eldest daughters birthday
and
I'll
be spending the weekend riding herd on about 12 6 year old girls.

Prev: GZG Power Armour pictures Next: Re: OT:Digital cameras