Prev: Re: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons Next: GZG Power Armour pictures

Re: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 10:20:37 +0100
Subject: Re: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons

Chris Downes-Ward wrote:

> I was re-reading some notes of my own last night prior
> to recreating a simple system I had written to generate
> infantry squads using Steve Gibson's alternate infantry rules
> when the following thought occurred to me.
>
> I had incorporated a house rule that classed size one weapons
> into energy using and non-energy using (based on whether they
> had any power plant limitations in the design rules) and said
> that infantry could carry any non-energy using size one weapon
> effectively DFFG/1 and RFAC/1 IIRC as well as APSW's, GMS/L and
> Light Artillery. So the questions are:
>
> How realistic is the idea of a small team (say 3 troopers)
> humping around a 20mm Auto cannon and enough ammo to make it
> worthwhile?

How about making them a light infantry / anti-tank gun on a wheeled
carriage - akin to the 37mm AT gun / 75mm infantry gun units attached to
German infantry battalions in WWII ? These could easily be manhandled
short distances by their crew. The difficulty would be carrying enough
ammunition when away from the towing vehicle.

Tony

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer

Prev: Re: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons Next: GZG Power Armour pictures