Prev: Re: prototype 6mm hammer slammer combat car photo Next: RE: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

Re: [OT] Digital Cameras

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@a...>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 02:01:49 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Digital Cameras

Some very good points...here's another:
  Make sure when you look through the sight, you see what your camera
sees.
(I forget the fancy term for this...)
Bought a D-Link DSC 350....No removable memory media...Your sight is
seperate from the camera lens (like in the old/cheap film
cameras.)...Slow
-- but fast enough for those single shots...It does have a video mode
that
is so bad you might as well say it doesn't...On the positive side...It
uses
a USB hookup to my computer.  The provided software has a "snapshot"
mode.
This lets me setup my Lego bots'n'stuff near the computer and I can snap
away.  I can then instantly dispose of unwanted shots ect.  (This does
compensate a little for the non-lens sight.  Move the model, shoot,
focus
the camera, shoot some more, ect.  Until I get the shot right.)

Donald Hosford