Prev: OT-Lenses etc etc Next: Re: OT:Digital cameras

RE: [OT] Digital Cameras

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 10:15:46 +1000
Subject: RE: [OT] Digital Cameras

Brian Bell wrote:
>LCD Viewer. An LCD viewer is a big help for situations like taking
pictures
>at a con. Because you do not have to bend over to see if something is
is
>focus or not, if you have the image you want, etc. it speeds up how
fast you
>can take the picture (and minimizes the interruption to the game). An
LCD
>viewer also, as stated above, is a nice benifit when shopping for it,
>because you can test the minimum focal distance.

Also important to remember that LCD eat through your batteries faster
than
you can blink, but LCD screens are VERY HANDY for reviewing and
discarding
pictures you have taken, freeing up storage for more photos.

Get one of those little black transformers (is that the right name) you
can
have the camera plugged into a outlet, have the LCD screen on and not
run
does the batteries, my friend only had set of batteries, so I was
constantly stopping to recharge them when taking photos of our
miniatures.

Another thing you can do with most digital cameras is the plug them into

TVs and view your pictures that way, instant slide show  and handy at
the
end of the day back at the hotel room while on holiday.

>Flash. My wife was trying to be good to me and bought me a bottom line
>digital camera without a flash. It is impossible to use any time except
in
>bright sunlight outdoors.

Important point. even some of those disposable film cameras have
flashes.

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: OT-Lenses etc etc Next: Re: OT:Digital cameras