Prev: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense Next: [OT] Crossbows

Re: Fighters, missiles in FT

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@d...>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 20:53:27 +1000
Subject: Re: Fighters, missiles in FT

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>

> Same here. But when the MTMs score half again as many hits per Mass of
> missile armament as SMs do (which is what we've had in the playtests),
> and all of them on the exact targets you want them to instead of some
> attacking decoys, they either need to cost more points per Mass than
> SMs do or the point defences need to be much more effective against
> them than against SMs.

My own playtesting indicates much along the same lines.
A really good SM player can get more out of SMs than MT missiles, but
it's very difficult indeed, and requires a co-operative opponent.
Otherwise
the MT missiles are too effective in comparison.

Maybe Class 1's should hit em on a 5 or 6.
Maybe they should be Mass 3 vs Mass 2 (in a pod) or Mass 2 (from
a Mass-2 launcher).

Maybe they should do 3D6 and cost the same as an SM.

Prev: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense Next: [OT] Crossbows