Prev: Re: [OT] Digital Cameras Next: Re: [OT] CrossbowRe: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

Re: [OT] Digital Cameras

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 12:31:19 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Digital Cameras

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Derek Fulton wrote:

> Derk wrote:
> >I contemplated a digital camera last summer, but decided to get a 2nd
hand
> >SLR (my first), instead. Simply can't get the same quality for
anywhere
> >near the price. That was back then, and a few years in the future the
> >balance may well be different.
>
> Three years ago while I was purchasing my 35mm SLR camera I enquired
about
> digital cameras, the retailer at that stage didn't even keep any in
stock,
> they were simply a too expensive, slow moving item and at that stage
he
> recommended developing my film as slides and scanning them in if I was
that
> keen. Today digital cameras are all through the camera shops and the 3

> megapixel camera are not too expensive, the speed at which these
things
> have developed is really impressive.

Yup. I'm still giving it a year or two, though :)

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE6zEl7JXH58oo6ncURAvkiAJ9zPkntmq9CPfhMtbty7HcykPEbpACgmQ6S
rS12eg/e0Bn1vW5VEn/J6hQ=
=R3I5

Prev: Re: [OT] Digital Cameras Next: Re: [OT] CrossbowRe: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense