Prev: Re: Gear Krieg Next: Re: The Tonk Project

Re: [OT] Digital Cameras

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 08:41:25 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Digital Cameras

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Derek Fulton wrote:
> I read that 1 megapixels is equivalent to 100 speed ISO film, the more

> pixels the better resolution.

Errr? ISO is NOT resolution?? In fact, 100 ISO film has a MUCH higher
resolution than you're ever going to get with a digicam, anywhere in the
near future. So could you explain what link you are trying to suggest
between resolution and ISO here? Or am I misreading it?

Oh, one more thing... When comparing digital camera's to SLR's, be aware
that digital camera's use only approx. half of the field of view for a
given optic. So for wide angle shots, you need twice as 'wide' a lense
for
digital camera's (14mm digital camera gets the same result as a 28mm
focal
length SLR)

As for the speed of the camera, I understand most digital camera's are
indeed in the 100 ISO range, which _may_ be a problem if you want to go
for high depth-of-field (to get nice battlefield pictures), without
ridiculous amounts of light.

Are there any digital camera's in the 400 ASA range yet?

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE6zBObJXH58oo6ncURAgbXAKCOq8D1MqvbtHBaTtlv+6x8phpVRgCfQwik
1pTMaFfLTMCWLV52qR/1e+o=
=/V7J

Prev: Re: Gear Krieg Next: Re: The Tonk Project