Prev: Re: [OT] Digital Cameras Next: Re: FT-Fighters and SG-aliens

Re: FT-Fighters and SG-aliens

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 20:51:43 -0400
Subject: Re: FT-Fighters and SG-aliens

Bif Smith wrote:

> This discussion about cat/dog aliens reminds me of a comment I heard a
while
> ago, in that we humans are actually pitiful species. we are weaker,
slower,
> poorer scences, less natural weapons/defences than any equaly sized
species
> around at the moment. If we could give a natural efficient preditor
> (dog/cat/gorrila etc) our one advantage (inteligence), we could create
> better soilder than a human.

Actually, we can see very well and can run further, which on the
savannah is
better than faster, than our intended prey.  Primitive man hunted by
running the
prey into the ground, because while the prey was faster, it could not
run out of
sight, and eventually it would just stand there, paralysed with fatigue
poisons,
as primitive man walked up and killied it. (How do you think we
domesticated
horses?)

We are pathetic hunters now, as our levels of physical fitness are
pathetic, but
even as late as Roman times, a soldier could march 50 miles in a single
day, if

Prev: Re: [OT] Digital Cameras Next: Re: FT-Fighters and SG-aliens