Prev: Re: 54mm FMASk, is slightly OT Next: RE: Cheese factor

Re: When does skirmish scale becomes battle scale?

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 15:56:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: When does skirmish scale becomes battle scale?

On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Allan Goodall wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Apr 2001 17:33:15 -0400, Allan Goodall <awg@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

> >In the wargaming sense, it's a matter of how many figures you put on
the table
> >top. Skirmish wargames imply that the game is played at the single
figure
> >level. That doesn't mean that the scale is 1:1, but rather that the
decisions
> >are being made for a single figure.
>
> Yea Gods, I ought to stop writing when I'm running on too little sleep
and too
> many Timbits.

I was just struck by how very, very Canadian a sentence that is, Allan.

Nobody, but nobody, who doesn't live under the maple leaf is going to
have
a clue what a Timbit is.

The rest of the world would call them 'donut holes' I guess - donut
dough
in small balls, treated just like donuts are. Timbits comes from a
Canada-wide chain called Tim Horton's...

Our severly-OT Canadian moment... (although, given gamer's snack-food
obsession, is it really OT?)

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

Prev: Re: 54mm FMASk, is slightly OT Next: RE: Cheese factor