Prev: Re: 54mm FMASk, is slightly OT Next: RE: Light infantry versus light infantry

Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 18:04:06 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, David Griffin wrote:

> --- Shawn M Mininger <smininger@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Way back in history...there was a terrible weapon
> > called the crossbow.  This one weapon changed the
> > face
> > of warfare.  Suddenly, a relatively untrained
> > footman
> > could take down the best Knight!!!!  Did everyone
> > just
> > start complaining and stomp thier feet and threaten
> > 'tell Mommy'?
>
> I bet they did actually. They probably railed at
> it as underhanded, just like the submarine in WWI.
> It's in the nature of people to complain (me anyway).

In fact, they got the pope to forbid it as not christian.

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE6y0X8JXH58oo6ncURAuhNAJ9dLBVSPC3kDCidw3g2lv2L86cTJACeLQt5
QOsVuMADag2yUEvzJLgZu20=
=hJuY

Prev: Re: 54mm FMASk, is slightly OT Next: RE: Light infantry versus light infantry