Prev: Commo Overload [OT] Next: Re: agoodall Re: [OT] Double Messages

RE: [SG] Scout units

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 06:36:01 -0400
Subject: RE: [SG] Scout units

[Bri] I would also (and probably a better FCS), but I was trying for the
minimalist version.

> > Or if you could give up the GMS:
> > Size: 2
> > Armor: 2
> > Power: CFE
> > Mobility: Fast GEV
> > FCS: Basic
> > 1x RFAC/1 in Restricted Turret (front 180)
> > 1x APSW
> > ECM: Basic
> > Troop Capacity: 8 (1 Squad)
> > Open Topped
> > DS2 Points: 47
>
> Nice, but you really don't need a full squad for
> scouts.  However, the Germans did have a tendency to
> include platoons of panzergrenadiers in their recon
> units in order to sieze vital positions they found
> undefended.  This looks like it's decent at that role.

[Bri] True. But would work well for a Team of PA scouts. Why have a
vehicle
for PA? It saves on the suit batteries. Would not PA scouts be nosier
than
regular scouts? Perhaps, depends on if you view PA & Walkers as
lumbering
giants or relatively agile. Besides, you are already carrying them in a
noisy GEV. If you want quiet, go Grav.

> > or
> > Size: 1
> > Armor: 1
> > Power: CFE
> > Mobility: Fast GEV
> > FCS: Basic
> > 1x RFAC/1 in Fixed Mount
> > 1x APSW
> > ECM: Basic
> > Troop Capacity: 1 (1/2 Squad)
> > Open Topped
> > DS2 Points: 26
>
> Uh, Troops Capacity is 3.  But I hate fixed mounts.

[Bri] Oops! You are correct. For a Size 1 APC, you can't mount any
weapons
but APSWs if you want to carry 4 troops (1/2 squad).

> John
-----End Original Message-----

My comments marked by [Bri]

---
Brian Bell

Prev: Commo Overload [OT] Next: Re: agoodall Re: [OT] Double Messages