Prev: RE: Cheese factor Next: CanAm was Re: [FT] The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

RE: [SG] Scout units

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 20:34:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [SG] Scout units

--- "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)"
<Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil> wrote:

> Size 2
> Armor: 2
> Power: CFE
> Mobility: Fast GEV
> FCS: Basic
> 1x RFAC/1 in Turret
> 1x GMS/L (Basic)
> 2x APSW (SAW)
> ECM: Basic
> Troop Capacity: 4 (1/2 Squad)
> Open Topped (Optional. The only picture I found was
> open topped)
> DS2 Points: 71.

This is pretty close to the perfect scout vehicle,
except I'd probably put better ECM on it--ability to
live long enough to report is high on my list of
priorities.

> Or if you could give up the GMS:
> Size: 2
> Armor: 2
> Power: CFE
> Mobility: Fast GEV
> FCS: Basic
> 1x RFAC/1 in Restricted Turret (front 180)
> 1x APSW
> ECM: Basic
> Troop Capacity: 8 (1 Squad)
> Open Topped
> DS2 Points: 47

Nice, but you really don't need a full squad for
scouts.  However, the Germans did have a tendency to
include platoons of panzergrenadiers in their recon
units in order to sieze vital positions they found
undefended.  This looks like it's decent at that role.

> or
> Size: 1
> Armor: 1
> Power: CFE
> Mobility: Fast GEV
> FCS: Basic
> 1x RFAC/1 in Fixed Mount
> 1x APSW
> ECM: Basic
> Troop Capacity: 1 (1/2 Squad)
> Open Topped
> DS2 Points: 26

Uh, Troops Capacity is 3.  But I hate fixed mounts.

John

Prev: RE: Cheese factor Next: CanAm was Re: [FT] The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense