Prev: RE: Cheese factor Next: Re: Kh'iff

Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 16:32:43 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

Laserlight wrote:

> American team took about as many fighters as they possibly could,
> within the design limitations
> (www.angelfire.com/va/laserlight/CanAm_Rules.htm if I recall the
> filename correctly).	If I'd let people design everything from
> scratch, no doubt someone would have had a 10% hull and stuffed it
> with fighter bays.

So 4800 points of Carriers? Wow. You're right. I probably wouldn't have
had that much in carriers. Actually, thinking about it. I do have that
much in carriers, but they wouldn't have fit in the class restrictions.
I have a 2300 pt fleet carrier and the rest are all capitals too.

> I'm thinking next year to have the battle take place within a red
> supergiant (Mote in Gods Eye) or some other fighter-hostile
> environment.

I think that would be a shame. No reason to force your playing style by
that kind of ruling. I'd rather come up with a fighter killer fleet :)
But then that's just me. I'd rather get someone on their own playing
field then force them on mine :)

Prev: RE: Cheese factor Next: Re: Kh'iff