Prev: RE: Squads (getting long) Next: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

Re: [SG] Scout units

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 16:01:27 -0700
Subject: Re: [SG] Scout units

John Atkinson wrote:
> > - - isn't partial armour D6? I thought D8 was the
> > full armour? I'm gonna
> > check later.
>
> Yes and Yes.

Actually that's what I ment. D6 armour.

> > - - I always thought you needed to be unencumbered
> > by armour to get the 8"
> > movement?

No, regular movement is unemcumbered. When you lug around heavy weapons
(class 1) or carry wounded then you're encumbered. 8" is for lightly
equipped troops.

> It says "Lightly equipped".  Which to me always meant
> "no armor, no heavy weapons"	YMMV, it's not defined.
> I certaintly wouldn't claim it for d8-armored troops.

I more figure it's troops without support weapons, heavy weapons and
light armour or less. I'm a little iffy on the AIVR though. Would light
troops still have that?

Prev: RE: Squads (getting long) Next: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense