Prev: Re: Cheese factor Next: Re: agoodall Re: [OT] Double Messages

Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 12:53:30 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

"Izenberg, Noam" wrote:

> The hardest place to do this kind of comparison is in one-off
scnearios,
> where the rock-paper-scissors effect penalizes - sometimes severely -
the
> side that guesses wrong about the opposing force. Perhaps if the
Canadians
> and Americans in Can-Am had both known from the design phase that the
> Americans used fighters, the Canadians would have fared better.

Or if they brought along someone like me (who wanted to go but lives on
the west coast and couldn't take the trip :( ) who carries around fleet
carriers and likes to use them. I'd prefer to play a modern designed
fleet with a huge carrier, escorts and MT missile cruisers.

Jaime

Prev: Re: Cheese factor Next: Re: agoodall Re: [OT] Double Messages