Prev: RE: Cheese factor Next: Re: Infantry mounting in 6mm

Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 08:14:47 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

> Part of the problem (and there is a small problem) with fighters is
that
> thier value increases with the number of squads you fly.
> If both sides take a force of 2 Capitals, 4 Cruisers, and 8 Escorts
and you
> field 2 flights of fighters, they might be over priced. If you take
the same
> mix and field 8 groups of fighters, they might be under priced. I
don't know
> of any easy way to model this in the points.

Let's make it more extreme.  If you have 6000 points and 1 fighter,
then they're not much use.  If you have, say, 25-30 fighters and your
opponent doesn't, then fighters dominate the battle.  I think both
sides of the CanAm FT battle would agree.

Prev: RE: Cheese factor Next: Re: Infantry mounting in 6mm