Prev: Kh'iff Next: Re: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)

RE: Plastic fis was: Just a thought

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: 03 Apr 2001 08:10 GMT
Subject: RE: Plastic fis was: Just a thought

chance for sci-fi conversions.	Cut down the M-16s on Americans.
> Ad some fine wire around helmets to represent the cables for optics?
>
> Modern British or French would be good too as they have nifty >
bullpup guns which always seem more futuristic.

There are sets of modern British, Americans, Russians and Germans,
though (AFAIK) no French. Also WWII figures.

> > why not plastic 1/72nd figures for SG games?  Well, I realize
> > that those figures (1/72nd plastic SF figures) are not even close >
> to common - but do they exist at all?  I realize that the plastic > >
figures part of the hobby is supposedly extremely depressed ...

Not really my impression at the moment. They have been down (compared
to metal) for a long time, but there is a slow upswell, with a variety
of manufacturers (Revell, Italeri, HaT, Emhar, Nexus ) producing new
stuff or re-producing old ones.(though this is mostly ancient through
Napoleonic period). There are some moderns, and a fair number of WWII
sets.
Though with the latter, everyone concentrates on the same main subjects
(e.g. quite a number of Afrika Korps German sets, but no Italians)

> > Does anybody have any ideas if such figures or easy conversions
> > would even be do-able???

Depends on what you want to do. Head swaps and some other conversions
are easy. Replacing weapons would be more difficult.

Check out
http://www.geocities.com/dbplastic/
This is mainly for ancients gaming, but the painting/modelling tips and
links to manufacturers should be universally helpful.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Kh'iff Next: Re: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)