Prev: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense Next: [SG] Scout units

Just a thought

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 00:02:53 EDT
Subject: Just a thought

While fuming over the 'joys' of finding the old ESCI Khyber Pass package
(I now have several leads besides eBay which cost me $11.95 (when I won
-
the other times some other crazy 'won' the auctions...	I do have a
budget to try and keep within!) for 50 plastic figures (of which I want
the 10 turbaned figures only) I had a heretical thought.

If we use 25mm or 15mm figures in metal for SG2, just as some use 25mm
or
15mm metal or 1/72nd plastic (old days and sometimes even today) for
colonials - why not plastic 1/72nd figures for SG games?  Well, I
realize
that those figures (1/72nd plastic SF figures) are not even close to
common - but do they exist at all?  I realize that the plastic figures
part of the hobby is supposedly extremely depressed but the per capita
cost of plastic figures (except on eBay of course) are less then the per
capita cost of metal figures.  Does anybody have any ideas if such
figures or easy conversions would even be do-able???

Like I said, just a thought. <grin>

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel) You don't have to be
French
to be
a 'frog', or even human! Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
Starguard,
Dirtside 2,  Ratner's Space Marines and Full Thrust/FB1.  Resistance is
everything!
aka - Warbeads@juno.com (historicals) and Dwarf_warrior@juno.com
(Fantasy
and
6mm/10mm figures.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense Next: [SG] Scout units