Prev: Re: When does skirmish scale becomes battle scale? Next: Re: [CON] Norwescon

Re: When does skirmish scale becomes battle scale?

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 20:58:12 -0400
Subject: Re: When does skirmish scale becomes battle scale?

On Sun, 01 Apr 2001 17:33:15 -0400, Allan Goodall <awg@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>In the wargaming sense, it's a matter of how many figures you put on
the table
>top. Skirmish wargames imply that the game is played at the single
figure
>level. That doesn't mean that the scale is 1:1, but rather that the
decisions
>are being made for a single figure.

Yea Gods, I ought to stop writing when I'm running on too little sleep
and too
many Timbits.

Rewritten:

In the wargaming sense, it's a matter of how many soldiers you put on
the
table top. Skirmish wargames imply that the game is played at the single
soldier level. That doesn't mean that the scale is 1:1, but rather that
the
decisions are being made for a single soldier.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,
   "Jack B. Quick, Boy Inventor"

Prev: Re: When does skirmish scale becomes battle scale? Next: Re: [CON] Norwescon