Prev: RE: (FT) Point Value for Hulls Next: Re: When does skirmish scale becomes battle scale?

Re: DS2 scenario generators

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 10:38:39 +1000
Subject: Re: DS2 scenario generators

At 08:47  1/04/01 +0200, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

>I've played Operation Market Garden in microarmour. (Don't remember the
>name of the ruleset though - it's GDW's WW2 version of "Striker II", or
>rather the other way around. Command Decision, maybe?) It... took a
>long time to finish, you might say.

'Command Decision' is the WWII, there was also 'Combined Arms' which was

the modern period version. GDW's American Civil War rules also used the
same game engine (the name escapes me at the moment) and there was also
WWI version, called 'Over the Top'. I think 'Command Decision 2'
combined
'Command Decision' and 'Combined Arms' to provide a rules set covering
the
period from about 1920 -2000, but the current edition 'Command Decision
3'
dropped the modern period and cuts out about 1950. Theses rules also
provided the basis for the last edition of 'Striker', Striker 2.

I still have a copy of combined arms on the shelf mostly because I also
have the previous edition of Harpoon's (also published by GDW) Falklands

War supplement, all the land stuff was formatted for 'Combined Arms'.

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com
URL; http://www.users.bigpond.com/derekfulton/

Prev: RE: (FT) Point Value for Hulls Next: Re: When does skirmish scale becomes battle scale?