Prev: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense Next: Re: WotD Laser Targeting

[FH] Third world stellar nations

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 09:24:20 +1000
Subject: [FH] Third world stellar nations

G'day,

 >Um, the PAU?	And parts of the ESU, and the Indonesian guys?
 >
 >As a 'third world' Regional Analyst in (so called) real life, I think
 >these are third world. no?? <grin>  They won't have *all* the toys but
 >they are (in our game world) out among the stars.

Its just a personal take but I don't imagine all of these being so far
behind in 200 yrs time (especially the PAU and ESU). Either there will
be
new nations that take on third world status (maybe break or abandoned
colony worlds??) or the meaning og the term will change subtly. I don't
know much economics and I'm a bit dodgy on modern history, but a lot has

changed over the last 200 years right? For one the US wasn't the
dominating
power of today 200 yrs ago and the English and otehr European nations
were
stronger (relatively speaking).

Just a thought.

Beth

Prev: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense Next: Re: WotD Laser Targeting