Prev: Re: WotD Laser Targeting Next: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

Re: [FT] A Question Or Two

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 15:43:40 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] A Question Or Two

>Anyway.  This wasn't relevant to last night, but I got to wondering:
>when a Needle beam is
>used to take out a ship's drive in the Vector system, does it
>destroy the thrusters as
>well?	Common sense would imply that this is the case, but I don't
>think that this was
>ever specifically addressed.

Yes. Since thrusters are related to current drive strength (1/2),
they vanish in proportion.

>Secondly, are the any FB current updatings to the MT Missiles?  Is
>18" movement/turn still
>the way to run them?  And how is their damage assigned to armor and
>hull?	Like SMLs would
>be my guess.  Since mine never hit, this wasn't all a problem...but
>I am curious.

Not yet, though it's a hot topic of discussion. My personal
preference is to treat them as fighters, though there are a variety
of other ideas.

Schoon

Prev: Re: WotD Laser Targeting Next: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense