Prev: Re: [FT] Rules Questions Next: Re: Close Assaullt

Re: New 25mm Miniature Line

From: "Scott Spieker" <scspieker@y...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:59:37 -0800
Subject: Re: New 25mm Miniature Line

> Actually, they're significantly bigger and bulkier than GZG
miniatures,
> and comparable to, say, the GW imperial guard figs. Still, they're
nice
> figs, and I got a full drawer of them somewhere ;)
>
> I took some pictures recently, will scan 'm sometime soon.
>
> Cheers,
>
>    Derk

    I beg to differ.  I have a few of these figures, and they definitely
do
not size up to GW figures at all.  They match up with all of the other
'25mm' figures that I have and to be honest, I find the GZG figures to
be to
'skinny'.  The legs and arms (on some figures) look too thin to be in
proportion with the rest of the figure.  The Grenadier figures (all of
them
weather they be fantasy or sci-fi) are of the same relative size and
proportions.

    As far as I know, the rights to the molds within the UK were never
sold,
or if they were, Mark Copplestone may have similar rights under a
different
name - I simply don't know.  They certainly don't use the slotta-base
style
setup as the Future warriors figures do, so I'm not certain that they
are in
conflict of licenses.  Besides, there are only two or three figures
between
the lines that are duplicated.

    If you have a drawer full, how about selling them to me - or better
yet
trade them.  I have a Leading Edge Games Aliens APC that I would be
willing
to part with...

Thanks,
Scott

Prev: Re: [FT] Rules Questions Next: Re: Close Assaullt