Prev: Re: [FT] B5 Ships Scale Question Next: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls

Re: Customized Sa'Vasku

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 00:16:39 EST
Subject: Re: Customized Sa'Vasku

D*** Dean, that's vicious <grin> I like it.

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
Starguard, Dirtside 2,	Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar Conflicts
and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:19:42 -0600 "Dean Gundberg"
<Dean.Gundberg@noridian.com> writes:
>> Folks, let me tell you how to design an unstoppable
>> Sa'Vasku.......it's real simple.........4 stingers, 4
>> fire controls, medium hull, and  AS MUCH POWER AS
>> POSSIBLE!!!
>
>Hmmm, I just whipped up a 3000 pt SV ship just to see what it looked
>like:
>
>Che'D'ar class Sa'Vasku Cheeseship
>Mass 994
>Cost 2998
>BioMass 300
>Carapace 75
>Power Generators 409
>FTL
>4 Stinger Nodes
>4 Cortex Nodes
>
>I compare this to the Super Star Destroyer I created for my Sci-Fi
>Crossover
>scenario (Mass 1400, Cost 4538) which I separated into 7 sections of
>200
>mass each.  In the firing phase of the game, I allowed the SSD player
>fire only 1 section of the ship at a time.  FT was never designed to
>support
>ships of this size so as was suggested by others, anything over 300
>mass
>should be treated as a 'supership' and subdivided into sections and
>then
>only let one section fire at a time.
>
>There are the other tactics described by others, load up on bathtub
>launchers of MT missiles (he barely moves at all so should be an easy
>target), fighter swarms (you could field 10 of those Mass 80 carriers
>for 50
>fighter groups), etc.	Basically don't play his game, turn around and
>make
>him follow you on a floating board (dropping mines the whole time).
>My
>favorite is the option of insulting his tactical ability (not the ship
>design) and dare him to take your fleet against you playing his ship
>and see
>if he can do better than you have.
>
>Dean Gundberg
>
>Starship Combat News
>The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
>http://star_ranger.homestead.com/
>star_ranger@my-deja.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [FT] B5 Ships Scale Question Next: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls