Prev: Re: Updated web site Next: Re: Wargame Table Question

laser designator

From: "mark and staci drake" <thedrake@p...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 22:12:32 -0600
Subject: laser designator

Thanks for the thread on this! I have been working on an optional rule
use teleporting troops in some of my DS2 gaming,and have been looking as
some sort of detection device to use to defend against teleprting
troops,working on roughly the same principle as a modern laser
designator.

Jaime,
       I really like your ideas on the subject-thanks.

BTW,my idea for this stems from reading "AT ANY PRICE" by David Drake
(teleporting aliens,slammers use of detectors) and a short story from
the
book "BATTLEFIELDS BEYOND TOMORROW" (teleporting low-tech
humanoids,defenders using computerised detection and fire-con.) Any
other
books/stories on this subject that would be helpful?

Question:What recommendations for high-tech force spoofing/finding the
detecting device? (assumption here is my rule is used mainly vs.low-tech
forces so far;am looking to expand this rule further.)

Thanks,

Prev: Re: Updated web site Next: Re: Wargame Table Question