Prev: Re: WotD Laser Targeting Next: RE: WotD Laser Targeting

Re: WotD Laser Targeting

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 04:18:57 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: WotD Laser Targeting

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Jaime Tiampo wrote:

> Derk Groeneveld wrote:
>
> > > * Takes one action to setup and target;
> > > * Takes one action to take down;
> >
> > Why? doesn't take an action to brace a rifle, and this is hardly
going to
> > be bigger than a rifle or harder to aim?
>
> Well I'd say you'd have to use one action to "paint" the target just
as
> you would for firing. Though getting rid of the take down wouldn't
> matter.
>
> Or are you saying that you should just be able to say, "painting
target"
> and call in a GMS shot?

I was mainly inquiring about the take down action. But yeah, I'm leaning
toward the GMS shot option.

> > Mm. Could even have a vehicle shoot one every turn, and if noone's
> > designating, you waste one round. Only something for final defence
sort of
> > situations ;)
>
> Wouldn't you have to "aim" it in a general direction with a general
> terminal point, plus you might as well wait till the end of the turn
> fire it since then you're likely to have a unit designating. Though I
> don't know of any unit that would just waste shots like that ;) I'd
say
> you'd have to call it.

Depends. Maybe fire in parabolic arc, engine kicks in upon acquisition?

Cheers,

 Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE6xT6WJXH58oo6ncURAgY2AKCWGiyEbvuu0nG5W8u9pvls0a3CTQCg8ZHC
Px2JrXlNUxqnhow6D9P7UOI=
=vACm

Prev: Re: WotD Laser Targeting Next: RE: WotD Laser Targeting