Prev: Re: [FT] Rules Questions Next: AAR KraVak vs Nea Rhomaioi

SG2 close assault

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 19:32:29 -0500
Subject: SG2 close assault

Someone suggested that at CA initiation time, odds should be factored
into
both the attacker and defenders tests. I'd agree. If I was asked to
charge a
much huger unit.... well... I'd think twice.

OTOH, they also suggested that die shifts in combat shouldn't be
applied. I
can't agree with that. Numbers count for more than just morale. More
people
means that you can have someone suppressing your target while you close
lob a grenade or execute point-blank fire.... that is what close assault
covers in SG2 and having numbers _IS_ a benefit from the "fighting" side
of
it. I don't think a few limited die shifts are at all outrageous.

Close assault is one of those areas I am quite likely to sit and write
an
entire FAQ-like treatise on shortly. There have been so many question
and so
much good information generated that I'd have to say it is worth a
detailed
treatment with mention of optional rules and with several clear examples
of
each stage. <Listed as item number 3489 on my Things To Get To....>

Prev: Re: [FT] Rules Questions Next: AAR KraVak vs Nea Rhomaioi