Prev: Re: Customized Sa'Vasku Next: Re: [FT] WotW #5: AFHAWKS End

Re: [SG] WotW

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 01:01:56 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [SG] WotW

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> Derk Groeneveld wrote:
>
> >Mmm. Isn't the range at which injuries will occur a good deal more
> than
> >the _lethal_ radius? If I understood correctly, lethal radius is
where
> you
> >are very likely to kill an unarmoured man.
>
> The range at which you might potentially get wounds, if the targets
are
> all standing up and it's your lucky day, is a good deal longer than
the
> lethal radius, yes. Most fragments slow down pretty fast, but there
are
> always a few which go a long way. However, the probability of actually
> inflicting wounds at longer ranges is rather too small for the FMA
> opposed die-roll system to model.

Mmm. Okay, fair enough.

> As John Atkinson said, if you want a template-effect grenade - get a
> mortar. OK, something like a Carl Gustaf or RPG-7 works too if you've
> brought the right type of ammo - but smaller than that, the area of
> effect is no bigger than a single model's base.

*nod* Well, the CG/RPG-7 in anti-personel mode are already there as the
IAVR.

> >Also, defensive hand grenades have a far larger lethal radius, due to
> >their fragmentation shell.
>
> So allow them to hit *3* adjacent figures instead of 2. That pretty
> much covers the difference between the types.

*nod*

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE6xRBsJXH58oo6ncURAm+wAKCGw8djgq/YxYJHXgmwQlRCGPB4EwCgj360
OJn6IHl4KHaoFxbZkL+taJA=
=BUYk

Prev: Re: Customized Sa'Vasku Next: Re: [FT] WotW #5: AFHAWKS End