Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA Next: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls

Re: [FT] B5 Ships Scale Question

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:44:43 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] B5 Ships Scale Question

Charles Taylor wrote:

> In message <SIMEON.10103301152.D@eng_fr92920303.uwe.ac.uk>
>	    Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> [snip]
> >
> > I don't mix "identical" models, but I do use the FA versions of the
> > supposed "smaller" classes with the larger big ships. After all, the
> > size of the Olympus "corvette" in the large "scale" (would that they
> > _were_ in something related to scale!) is ridiculous -- unless, of
> > course, it's a CT in the same way that an Omega is a DD! <g>
>
> Actually, the Olympus 'Corvette' is an appreciable fraction of the
size
> of an Omega, at least in a scene in 'A Call to Arms' - one of the few
> places you see one.

And for those of you who missed this discussion from the past, note
that JMS' naval nomenclature does not necessarily correspond to
contemporary naval designations. Thus the Omega Destroyer would be
essentially, for all intents and purposes, equivalent to an attack
carrier or an SDN. It was just *called* a destroyer. The Hyperion
_heavy_ _cruiser_ was noticeably smaller.

Okay, my two bits for the week.  :-)

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA Next: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls