Prev: Re: [FT] Rules Questions Next: Re: [FT] WotW #5: AFHAWKS End

Re: [FT] B5 Ships Scale Question

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:14:51 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] B5 Ships Scale Question

In message <SIMEON.10103301152.D@eng_fr92920303.uwe.ac.uk>
	  Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk> wrote:

[snip]

> I don't mix "identical" models, but I do use the FA versions of the
> supposed "smaller" classes with the larger big ships. After all, the
> size of the Olympus "corvette" in the large "scale" (would that they
> _were_ in something related to scale!) is ridiculous -- unless, of
> course, it's a CT in the same way that an Omega is a DD! <g>

Actually, the Olympus 'Corvette' is an appreciable fraction of the size
of an Omega, at least in a scene in 'A Call to Arms' - one of the few
places you see one.

On a related subject - has anyone ever pinned down the 'missile firing
ship' that we see part of (the missile firing part) in ACTA? - it is
definitely not a defence grid satellite.

> And don't get me started on those tiny Minbari "cruisers"... Or the
> "unified" scale EA Explorer or forthcoming Vorlon Planet-killer! I
want
> _big_ versions of those two, frak it!

[snip]

> Phil
>  Gravity is a Downer... So let's go flying!
>    -- so sayeth Phil Atcliffe (Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk)

Just don't get me going on the AoG invented Mimbari designs - especially
the carrier - its a fat flying slug! I'm not impressed by the majority
of the other Mimbari designs either.
The AoG invented Brakiri designs are quite nice however (IMHO).

And I think if the EA _had_ a Posidon supercarrier at any point in the
timeline of the show we would have seen it! likewise for most of the
other AoG SDNs.

Prev: Re: [FT] Rules Questions Next: Re: [FT] WotW #5: AFHAWKS End