Prev: Young Lts Next: CA question

Re: [FT] Rules Questions

From: Shawn M Mininger <smininger@y...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:58:38 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Rules Questions

Well, I actually played a small campaign were there
was quite a bit of attrition.  Fighters are the best
in an attrition war becasue they are cheap and you can
build alot of them very fast.  I ended up building
'hollow carriers'  which were really just FTL
platforms to get fighters from my home planet and into
the battle.  It ended up working great because I had
swarms of fighters, and I would just keep sending my
'hollow carriers' back to home base for more fighters.
 I was able to beat them down just becuase it took
next to no time to build fighters and my 'hollow
carriers' never really entered the battles.

I don't know if it's 'legal' but there really isn't
anywhere in the book that I found that said it was
against the rules.

--- David Griffin <carbon_dragon@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ok, things got a little touchy tonight at the game
> over some rules questions. What are the rules
> on the following, and where did you read them
> in the books. If they're not there, then did you
> get an email from GZG or did you just make up
> a house rule?
>
> 1) An interceptor is firing at a heavy fighter.
> Does he do 1 pt on 4,5, and 2 on 6 with
> a reroll, or 1 on a 4, 2 on a 5, and 2 on a 6
> with a reroll?
>
> 2) Can small ships be legally designed as
> carriers or is there a minimum sized hull
> required? If the latter, how big? I had small
> ones but nobody cared. What they cared about
> was another guy with very small, very prolific
> carriers (FTL drive, a few hull and the fighters
> -- in other words a very minimal carrier). I
> thought it was ok, but a lot of the people claimed
> that More thrust prohibited it.
>
> 3) Is there a maximum sized ship in tonnage?
>
> 4) Is there a maximum number of fighter
> squadrons that one ship can contain? 6?

=====
Thank You,