Prev: Re: Close Assaullt Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA

Re: Heavy Flamers was "Re: [SG] WotW"

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:21:22 -0800
Subject: Re: Heavy Flamers was "Re: [SG] WotW"

Derk Groeneveld wrote:
> > Light Flamer:
> > Size: 4
> > Range Bands: 4"
> > Max Range: 12"
> > Width at max range: 2"
> > Damage: D10/D8/D6
> >
> > Heavy Flamer:
> > Size: 6
> > Range Bands: 6"
> > Max Range: 18"
> > Width at max range: 3"
> > Damage: D10/D8/D6
>
> I'd still say ditch the template effect. Other than setting the
terrain on
> fire, it seems to have no more template effect than, say, a machine
gun.
> And since SG doesn't use templates for machine guns...

So then it has to be given a firepower rating. I'd say D12, or do you
now have to classify it as a heavy weapon and give it firecon?

> > * Causes terror
>
> Err. Isn't terror a specific close combat term? I assume you mean
EITHER
> forces a panic check, OR forces a confidence check?

hmm not sure on that, I think though it isn't just for close combat but
for weapons that cause a panic check.

> > * May light terrain on fire as fire rules
> > * Causes Suppression on vehicles
> > * On vehicle kill fuel explodes
> >   - LF r=4" D6 inpact
> >   - HF r=6" D6 impact
>
> I'd be a lot nastier, here. Vehicle disabled = above result.

I ment that. :)

> Also, on non penetrating hit, I'd give a chance of this happening.

What kind of armour would you give it? I assume you mean list it in the
D6 roll that you make for that. We have a house rule on exposed weapons
on Gears that instead of a mobility hit, they take a weapons hit on
exposed weapons with a D6 armour rating. Weapon is randomly chosen if it
fails.

Prev: Re: Close Assaullt Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA