Prev: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls Next: Re: Escort class vessels in line of battle

Re: [SG] WotW

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 19:58:14 +0200
Subject: Re: [SG] WotW

Derk Groeneveld wrote:

>>But with the SGII ground scale (1" = 10 meters), putting the figures
>>"shoulder to shoulder" means that they are in fact standing *5-10
>>meters* apart. The lethal radius of today's 40mm grenades (which is
>>what most of today's automatic grenade launchers fire) and hand
>>grenades fall in that range.
>
>Mmm. Isn't the range at which injuries will occur a good deal more
than
>the _lethal_ radius? If I understood correctly, lethal radius is where
you
>are very likely to kill an unarmoured man.

The range at which you might potentially get wounds, if the targets are
all standing up and it's your lucky day, is a good deal longer than the
lethal radius, yes. Most fragments slow down pretty fast, but there are
always a few which go a long way. However, the probability of actually
inflicting wounds at longer ranges is rather too small for the FMA
opposed die-roll system to model.

As John Atkinson said, if you want a template-effect grenade - get a
mortar. OK, something like a Carl Gustaf or RPG-7 works too if you've
brought the right type of ammo - but smaller than that, the area of
effect is no bigger than a single model's base.

>Also, defensive hand grenades have a far larger lethal radius, due to
>their fragmentation shell.

So allow them to hit *3* adjacent figures instead of 2. That pretty
much covers the difference between the types.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls Next: Re: Escort class vessels in line of battle