Prev: RE: WotD Laser Targeting Next: [FT] WotW #6: Targeting Lidar

[FT] WotW #5: AFHAWKS End

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:09:28 -0500
Subject: [FT] WotW #5: AFHAWKS End

Here's what I have for consensus on AFHAWKS. Let me know if this is
unsatisfactory:

AF-SMLs (or AFHAWKS) [BIF, GZG-LISTers] (24-Dec-00) WotW #5
Mass/Cost= 1/3
Effect:
    Vs. ships: None
    Vs. Fighters and missiles: as KV Scattergun
    Vs. PBs,  Roll D6 4, 5 knocks it down by 1 and 6 does 2
Range=6 MU, All arcs OR 9 MU in arcs of SML.
Salvo type must be selected during order-writing phase. Fires in PDS
phase.
Requires Firecon.
Can fire as ADFC.
PSB: Intercepts fighters with short duration high accuracy drives and
electronics. Light warhead
is ineffective vs. ships, but kills fighters effectively.

Variant interpretation has reduced effectiveness vs. missiles (50%), and
increased effectiveness vs. Heavy fighters (ingores heavy "screen"
bonus).
AFHAWKS do not have to be selected during written orders, but salvo cant
be
fired if launcher has fired other missile types during missile phase.

Comments:
Weapon stats reflect WotW discussion.

Prev: RE: WotD Laser Targeting Next: [FT] WotW #6: Targeting Lidar