Prev: [FT] Rules Questions Next: Re: [SG] WotW

RE: [FT] Rules Questions

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 15:33:09 +1000
Subject: RE: [FT] Rules Questions

Most of the FT2 & MT restrictions were lifted under FTFB1-2.

1.	It's as written; heavy fighters take losses on 5 = 1, 6+ = 2.
Interceptors add +1 to this results therefore: 4 kills 1, 5-6 kills 2
(reroll on natural 6).	See the FTFAQ on the webring.

2.	Under FTFB1-2, there is no minimum size for a carrier, as long
as
you have enough mass.  Theoretically you could build a carrier of 9 mass
(1
hull, MD 3, FTL, 1 fighter bay), but most of the fighters will surrender
as
soon as the carriers go pop.  MT has been superseded by FTFB1-2.

3.	No maximum size either, but ships of more than 300 mass really
belong under the Supership rules from MT, as they're just too big to
fight
against.

4.	No maximum number of squadrons; again, if you have the mass, you
can
do it.

Neath Southern Skies -http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[MKW2] Admiral Peter Rollins - Task Force Zulu-Beta
[Firestorm] Battletech PBeM GM