Prev: Re: The Osa missile boat -- small strike units Next: Re: [SG] Leader placement

Re: [SG] Leader placement

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:43:59 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [SG] Leader placement

On 29-Mar-01 at 15:36, John Atkinson (johnmatkinson@yahoo.com) wrote:

> --- "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)"
> <Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil> wrote:
> > I guess that here is where I would call "cheese".
> > I would argue that a unit cannot reactivate itself.
> > So if a Platoon Leader
> > (PL) is part of a platoon, the PL could not
> > reactivate the platoon (i.e.
> > itself). Reactivating the platoon should only be
> > done by the company
> > commander (1 level up).
> >
> > Also, if you set the PL as a seperate level in the
> > chain of command the
> > Platoon could get 3 activations (it's own, and 2
> > from the PL).
>
> I'm confused.
>
> How could the platoon leader not be part of the
> platoon?  And how could the platoon leader reactive
> himself?  I don't understand what you're driving at.

He is somehow assuming the platoon gets activations.
The platoon never gets an activation.  Squads get
activations.  If your platoon leader is inside the
platoon he can activate any two of the squads he
is not in on his activation.  If he is outside he
can activate any two of the squads in the platoon.
The difference being he is not in one he cannot
activate.

Prev: Re: The Osa missile boat -- small strike units Next: Re: [SG] Leader placement