Prev: Re: [SG] WotW Next: Question (was: Re: Command Reactivation)

[OFFICIAL] Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 20:49:13 +0100
Subject: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA

>On 29-Mar-01 at 00:10, John Crimmins (johncrim@voicenet.com) wrote:
>> I have a large army of Ogre miniatures that I want to convert into a
DSII
>> force.  For the most part, it shouldn't be a problem -- I have tanks,
APCs,
>> artillery, support vehicles, plenty of infantry...the only thing that
>> really need are a few Area-Defense Vehicles.
>>
>> I figure that my best bet is to create an AA module that I can "plug"
into
>> the back of the Combine GEVPC miniature --
>> http://www.geocities.com/johnxcrim/Graphics/GevPC.jpg -- a flat
plastic
>> plate should fit into the depression without difficulty, and a bit of
putty
>> will hold in place while gaming.  I'm not sure how to go about
creating the
>> guns, though...any ideas?
>>
>> I need to come up with a method that is cheap, easy, and looks good.
>> Ideally, I'd like to be able to just order some AA turrets from
>> somewhere...but I don't know of anyone that I can order separate
turrets
>> from.  Scratchbuilding seems to be called for, but I cannot think of
>> anything that *I* could build that would look at all convincing.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
>Too bad you can't order individual parts from GZG, the side tubes
>for the UNSC SDN work well for this.

Well, we DO sometimes sell individual bits if people ask us very
nicely.....  ;-)

Would people be interested if we listed a pack or two of assorted 6mm
turrets and bits in the range?
Such packs would probably consist of a random assortment of  various
turrets/weapon mounts from the DSM range vehicles, to do mix/match and
convert other miniatures. Let me know quickly if yes, and I'll squeeze
them
into the new catalogue.....

Jon (GZG)