Prev: Re: [SG] WotW Next: Re: Heavy Flamers was "Re: [SG] WotW"

Good Try Mr. Rutherford! and Infantry and Vehicle Flamers

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 14:18:31 -0500
Subject: Good Try Mr. Rutherford! and Infantry and Vehicle Flamers

Item the first:

Rick,  aka weasely "bulletproof" sneakster, you tried to catch me out!
For
shame!

Technically, you mentioned a way where a squad could be activated 4 x
(by
himself, by his PL, by his CC activating the PL activating the squad,
then
by the CC activating the squad). This would work EXCEPT that it violates
the
very first statement in my amended wording of Jon's original:

"No squad may be activated in one turn more times than there
are command levels present on the table."

That automatically limits a squad to a max 3 activations if CC is
highest
level present. Thus, you could use only 3 of those 4 methods on the same
squad, though all are legal approaches.

Item the second:

On another front (personal and vehicle flamers):

You'd be appauled at some of the ranges possible even as of WW2 for some
of
these systems, but I think Jaime might have proposed too much in his
zeal
for "template weapons".

Keep in mind guys "shoulder to shoulder" in SG2 can still be 30 feet
apart
(1" = 10m). In order to be packed close enough for a SWAT entry team,
you'd
need to use just one figure to represent all of them....

Here was my interpretation:
http://fox.nstn.ca/~kaladorn/Gaming/TechToolbox.htm (vehicle flamer)
http://fox.nstn.ca/~kaladorn/Gaming/AGreyDayToDieForumPage.htm (exposed
weapons rules about half way down.... and the infantry flamer about
4/5ths
of the way down)

Flamers are nasty. My FSE assault squads have 2 each. But they are not a
substitue for rifles or SAWs. The vehicle weapons are horrific. I can't
imagine something I'd like to face less (that isn't an nuke or
bioweapon)

Prev: Re: [SG] WotW Next: Re: Heavy Flamers was "Re: [SG] WotW"