Prev: Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA Next: Re: [FT] Activations & MASS

Re: [SG] WotW

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 18:40:30 +0200
Subject: Re: [SG] WotW

Derk Groeneveld wrote:

>I have to admit I'd like to see more area effect weapons, such as
>grenades. Some of the folks at my gaming club tend to field regular
>firing squads, standing shoulder-to-shoulder. Best way to train that
out
>of them is area effect weaponry.

But with the SGII ground scale (1" = 10 meters), putting the figures
"shoulder to shoulder" means that they are in fact standing *5-10
meters* apart. The lethal radius of today's 40mm grenades (which is
what most of today's automatic grenade launchers fire) and hand
grenades fall in that range.

Using today's realism as the measuring stick (always dangerous in an SF
game), you *might* hit two adjacent figures in base-to-base contact
with a single hand grenade :-/

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA Next: Re: [FT] Activations & MASS