Prev: Re: Command Reactivations Next: Re: [SG] Climate/Environment Aclamation

Re: [SG] Leader placement

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 07:30:22 -0600
Subject: Re: [SG] Leader placement

In message
<2A5C49585B46EC42BB99D3000F725D4707471F@col1smx01.dscc.dla.mil>, "Be
ll, Brian K (Contractor)" writes:
> I guess that here is where I would call "cheese".
> I would argue that a unit cannot reactivate itself. So if a Platoon
Leader
> (PL) is part of a platoon, the PL could not reactivate the platoon
(i.e.
> itself). Reactivating the platoon should only be done by the company
> commander (1 level up).
>
> Also, if you set the PL as a seperate level in the chain of command
the
> Platoon could get 3 activations (it's own, and 2 from the PL).

The platoon would be made up of individual squads, one of which could
possibly get 3 activations in either of these two mechanisms.  In the
first, with the individual Platoon leader, there's simply an
additional optional squad which could do this.

Under normal SG2 TO&E, IIRC, the PL is part of the platoon, but still
the head of the platoon, and the PL squad can activate any other squad
in the platoon.  This is normal.  The company commander could activate

Prev: Re: Command Reactivations Next: Re: [SG] Climate/Environment Aclamation