Prev: Re: [SG] Leader placement Next: Re: Command Reactivations

[DSII] Stratchbuilding AA

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 22:49:23 -0500
Subject: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA

I have a large army of Ogre miniatures that I want to convert into a
DSII
force.	For the most part, it shouldn't be a problem -- I have tanks,
APCs,
artillery, support vehicles, plenty of infantry...the only thing that I
really need are a few Area-Defense Vehicles.

I figure that my best bet is to create an AA module that I can "plug"
into
the back of the Combine GEVPC miniature --
http://www.geocities.com/johnxcrim/Graphics/GevPC.jpg -- a flat plastic
plate should fit into the depression without difficulty, and a bit of
putty
will hold in place while gaming.  I'm not sure how to go about creating
the
guns, though...any ideas?

I need to come up with a method that is cheap, easy, and looks good.
Ideally, I'd like to be able to just order some AA turrets from
somewhere...but I don't know of anyone that I can order separate turrets
from.  Scratchbuilding seems to be called for, but I cannot think of
anything that *I* could build that would look at all convincing.

Any ideas?

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: [SG] Leader placement Next: Re: Command Reactivations