Prev: Re: [SG] Climate/Environment Aclamation Next: Re: [SG] Leader placement

Re: [FT] Activations & MASS

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:14:27 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Activations & MASS

> At the beginning of any game, determine the largest (MASS) ship of
> either force. With each activation, a player can activate any number
> of ships so long as the total is under the set figure.
>
> 1) This avoids arbitrary class or MASS distinctions that encourage
> design abuse.
> 2) It gives smaller ships a small leg up on the competition.

I like it.  And it encourages you to keep up on your arithmetic.
"Let's see, there's a Jeanne d'Arc, so I can shoot with this frigate,
that cruiser,  that's 83, this cruiser is 88, that's...ah...171 total,
hm, these strike boats are eight each times 6 is 48 plus, what did I
say, 171?  Or was it 161?  171 plus 48 is...was it that cruiser or
this one?  Drat."

No, really, I do think it's a good idea, might just need to figure

Prev: Re: [SG] Climate/Environment Aclamation Next: Re: [SG] Leader placement