Prev: RE: Starship Basing Alternatives Next: RE: Monster Cats (was: Starship Basing Alternatives)

SG2 command activations

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:28:03 -0500
Subject: SG2 command activations

How about (modifying what Jon said):

<It is a bit longer, but I think it covers all the bases pretty clearly>

===============================

"No squad may be activated in one turn more times than there
are command levels present on the table."

Where squad leaders = command level 1; platoon leaders =
command level 2; company commanders = command level 3, and so on.

Thus:

If only squads [no command unit present] are present on-table,
no squad may activate more than once (there is no-one to transfer
actions);

If a platoon command is present then a squad may be
activated twice (its own and one re-activation from the platoon
commander).

If company command is present a single squad may activate up to three
times
(its own activation, an activation from the platoon commander as part of
his
normal activation, and a further activation either directly from the
company
commander or from the company commander via a reactivated platoon
commander).

No command element may reactivate a subordinate element more than once
per
activation.

No command element may reactivate a subordinate element more than once
per
turn UNLESS
the command element itself has been reactivated by a higher level
command
element (and
must still follow the preceding stipulation about only reactivating a
its
subordinate once
per activation in any case).

If we every, in a fit of absolute insanity (why am I thinking of Grey
Day
meets Carter Island
scenario?), decide to put _Battalion_ command on a table somewhere, then
obviously any given
squad could indirectly be activated FOUR times. However, this would
undoubtedly imply the presence of at a very minimum 27 squads + command
elements on one side, and more likely would suggest at least
45 squads/command elements on a side.... which displays ample evidence
have all participants summarily committed to the care of a
psychotherapist...

Prev: RE: Starship Basing Alternatives Next: RE: Monster Cats (was: Starship Basing Alternatives)